10 Interesting Cold Brew Recipes You Will Love (Pt.2)5 min read
With the purpose of bringing you extraordinary cold brew recipes, we would like to introduce some more complex yet incredible suggestions than those cold brew recipes the previous post. A little experience and special indigents are required, but the result will impress just about anyone in the first sip!
#6: Dark Moon
Unlike other types of coffee, Dark Moon is usually served as a cocktail after dinner. The sweet flavor of real sugar cola, dark iced coffee and liquor will certainly give you an amazing mental boost.
- One and a half cups of cold coffee concentrate.
- A cup of coffee liqueur.
- A half cup of spiced rum.
- 12 oz bottle of Mexican Coca-Cola.
- A half cup of heavy cream.
- Combine coffee concentrate, liqueur, rum, and cola in a large pitcher.
- Pour the solution in glasses filled with ice.
- Add cream and enjoy!
#7: Amaretto Cold Brew
The taste of cold brew coffee and the smell of the famous Amaretto liqueur will inspire your day.
- ½ oz of Amaretto.
- ½ oz of Kahlua.
- 6 oz of dark roast, cold coffee concentrate.
- 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream.
- 2 oz of cold water.
- Whipped cream.
- Put all the ingredients except the whipped cream in a blender.
- Blend until frothy.
- Pour in a tall glass and top it with a generous dose of whipped cream.
#8: Cold Brew Bourbon
When it’s a night on the weekend and all you need is a desert cocktail after dinner, with just the right touch of delightful tipsiness; a combination of Bourbon and Cold Brew will be the perfect answer. This cold brew recipe can used for party, like some coffee cup we have introduced in this post.
- 8 oz of Chameleon Black Concentrate, or your own.
- 2 oz bourbon.
- 1 oz butterscotch liqueur.
- Put all the ingredients in a shaker.
- Shake it.
- Pour in a tall glass over ice and enjoy!
#9: Boba Cold Brew
A simple mix of syrup, coffee, bubble tea, and coconut sugar will satisfy fans of boba-tea when they are in need of coffee.
- 1/4 cup of cold brew coffee.
- 1/2 cup of milk of your choice.
- 2 tablespoons of boba.
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or coconut sugar simple syrup.
- Heat water over medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Add the coconut sugar to boiling water.
- Stir the water & sugar together until a candy thermometer readers 230 degrees (this will take roughly 3-5 minutes).
- Remove the syrup from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Store in storage container and refrigerate. This syrup keeps for up to 6 months in the refrigerator.
This will yield 1/2 cup of simple syrup
Next, make the boba with the tapioca pearls.
- Measure 2 cups of water for every 1/4 cup of boba you want to make. Bring the water to a boil in a small-medium saucepan.
- Add the boba and stir until they begin floating to the top of the water. Turn the heat to medium and cook the boba 12-15 minutes.
- Then, remove pan from heat, cover, and let the pearls sit for another 12-15 minutes and rest.
- Next, drain them from the water and transfer them to a small bowl or container.
- Pour the coconut sugar syrup over top until the boba are submerged.
- Let sit until the boba are room temperature, at least another 15 minutes.
To make the cold brew boba coffee, combine 1/4 cup cold brew coffee with 1/2 cup milk of your choice, a few ice cubes and 2 tablespoons boba. If this isn’t sweet enough for you, add 1 tablespoon of sweetener of your choice!
#10: Old Fashioned Cold Brew
Long times ago, a local coffee store, inspired by the old-fashioned style, comes out with the idea of making an espresso old fashioned, but it’s sans booze and more to capitalize on the subtle flavor notes a simple espresso can bring, combined with bitters and orange. And then, they added bourbon to it and an outstanding cold brew recipe was born.
- 2 tbs of orange syrup.
- 4 dashes of bitters (bonus if you use orange bitters).
- 6 oz of cold brew concentrate.
- 1 maraschino cherry (garnish).
- Orange peel (garnish).
- A playful optional: 30-50ml of high-end bourbon whiskey.
- Combine orange syrup and bitters in a glass.
- Add cold brew concentrate and garnish with orange and cherry.
- Then add ice cubes.
- Add bourbon whiskey if you want.
If you are still in need of coffee recipes, how about visiting our recipes category to find out more?