10 Interesting Cold Brew Recipes You Will Love (Pt.1)3 min read
Workload, stress and sleep deprivation have been making your morning more and more tiring. If common coffee recipes like espresso and cappuccino can no longer give you the same boost of excitement and energy, sơme brand new Cold Brew recipes will definitely work magic in prepping you for the day!
#1. The Original Cold Brew
If you are new to this drink and have never tried a cup of cold brew coffee before, our recommendation is the classic Original Cold Brew. Unlike other, cold brew coffee never touches hot water, which makes the taste stronger yet less acidic, less bitter. It is so easy to find this kind of coffee by hitting up your local coffee shops, but a handmade cup of cold brew is not that challenging to make at all.
- 2.5 cups of coarse-ground medium or dark-roast coffee
- 12 cups of cold water
- A large container with lid
- Mesh sieve
- Extra-large mixing bowl with spout
- Combine coffee grounds and cold water in a large container with a tight-fitting lid. Stir gently, cover, and let sit for 12-24 hours.
- When cold brew has steeped for an adequate amount of time, pour the mixture through a mesh sieve lined with a double layer of cheesecloth. If cold brew looks murky, you may want to pass it through clean cheesecloth 1-2 more times until no sediment remains.
- When cold brew concentrate is ready, mix with 1-2 parts cold water or milk and enjoy!
When you have made your first batch of Original Cold Brew, you can try mixing it up with other ingredients. Let’s check out the following recipes for inspiration!
Coco-brew is actually a mix of original cold brew with coconut water. This Coco-brew drink is so easy to make, even for a novice coffee makers.
- 100ml of cold brew coffee concentrate
- 300ml of coconut water
- Mix your cold brew with twice the amount of coconut water
- Stir in ice cubes
#3: Cold Brew Tonic
This recipe is a kind of refreshing coffee recipes, like those java recipes we introduce here.
- Freshly brewed cold brew coffee concentrate.
- Tonic water
- Pour two parts tonic water over ice.
- Slowly pour one-part cold brew concentrate over the top.
#4: Vanilla Almond Swirl
A mix of vanilla, cinnamon, and cold brew will lighten your mood!
- 50-100 ml of cold brew coffee
- Almond milk
- 2-3 drops of vanilla extract
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Pour cold brew coffee in a glass.
- Add almond milk to taste, then a tiny bit of vanilla extract.
- Add ice and sprinkle some cinnamon into the mix.
#5: Banoffee Smoothie
You are a big fan of banana and smoothie you need a strong dose of caffeine this morning? No problem, a cup of Banoffee Smoothie will definitely save the day!
- 50 ml of cold brew
- 500 ml of pecan nut (or other) milk
- 250 grams of frozen banana slices
- 1 tbsp of agave syrup
- ½ tsp of lucuma powder
- ¼ tsp of vanilla bean powder
- 10 ice cubes
Just put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!